Mr. Steve Schellenberg, Sr. VP, Logistics and Business Development, IMS Worldwide, Inc. has been involved in logistics, manufacturing, distribution and transportation for over twenty years. His experience includes managing all aspects of automotive supply chains, global distribution and third-party logistics. He has extensive experience in the North America Free Trade Agreement trading regions and has managed freight forwarding, air cargo and air charter operations.
For the past ten years, Mr. Schellenberg has conducted assessments of global supply chains and has performed evaluations related to supply chain security enhancements, supply chain custody, and emerging Radio Frequency Identification systems to identify container location, status and condition.
Mr. Schellenberg has held the following positions of responsibility in the past:
- Chair of the Free Trade Alliance Logistics Task Force in San Antonio, Texas, leading the city’s effort in the creation of an air cargo marketing and business development strategy for Kelly Air Force Base following the U. S. Base Closure Act.
- President of the San Antonio Transportation Association.
- Program Chair for the Annual Conference for the International Cargo Security Council.
- Member of the Commercial Operations Advisory Committee Advisory sub-group for Advance Manifest requirements, U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
- Logistics consultant during Phase II and Phase III of the Transportation Security Administration’s Operation
- Safe Commerce – a maritime security initiative managed by the Seattle/Tacoma Load Center.
- Track Leader/Chair, Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals, Annual Conference, 2009 Discussion Forums.
Mr. Schellenberg has conducted significant port and infrastructure assessments related to logistics and industrial development opportunities and value. He also recently completed a comprehensive review of the Chinese Automobile Industry and has significant insights into their readiness to export vehicles to the U.S. market. Mr. Schellenberg has also authored numerous reports on how logistics and supply chain reconfigurations create industrial development value and opportunity.