About IMS Worldwide, Inc
The Foreign-Trade Zone (FTZ or Zone) Division of International Management Services (IMS) was formed in 1967 when Mr. F.J. Spencer (founder) was assisting the City of McAllen, Texas with an FTZ Feasibility Study, Application, and Marketing Plan. That Zone was designed to specifically serve the burgeoning U.S./Mexico trade in auto parts and electronics. At the time, this Zone was a radical concept, due to the fact that no other Zone location had been approved outside of a major water port in the United States. Today, that Zone is still one of the busiest FTZ projects in the country, averaging $1 billion dollars of international trade per year.
The Houston FTZ Corporation was created as a Zone management company, administering the operations and the multi-user inventory control system for the Houston Foreign-Trade Zone. The Houston FTZ Corporation became IMS Worldwide, Inc., (IMSW) and in 1989 the firm initiated a growth plan that strengthened the company. During this time, strategic alliances and affiliations were forged with the country’s most respected legal, engineering, development, and Customs consulting firms.
By the mid-1990s, IMSW depth of experience and capabilities was extended to provide services for Airport and Industrial Park Development, Area Economic Development, and Strategic Marketing Plans.
Over the last 10 years, IMSW has continued to evolve and expand service offerings to address the changing global trade environment as it relates to Industrial real estate and expanding e-commerce site selection services. Today, IMSW:
- Offers a full array of FTZ consulting services from Applications, Activations and Operator Training to Zone Managed Services.
- Works directly with Fortune 500 companies and tenant-rep brokers to identify prime locations for companies to locate facilities based on population reach, incentives and logistical advantages.
- Evaluates the logistical advantages and value propositions of properties for top real estate investment trusts, real estate developers and investors.
Our Corporate Philosophy
- IMSW only engages in projects for which we can provide realistic and thoughtful solutions, based on experience in our areas of specialization.
- Each client is treated with the utmost confidentiality.
- Each client is honored with a commitment to quality.
- Every project is managed by an executive or principal of the company.
- IMSW is committed to customer service as exemplified by our nationwide accessibility and ability to move quickly to attain client’s our goals.
Our Mission Statement
IMS Worldwide’s mission is to provide cost-effective and realistic solutions to our clients, maintaining the highest quality standards, while following Biblical principles in developing relationships with our clients and employees.